July 6, 2021 Adial Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADIL; ADILW) announced that the Company has made significant progress on its pivotal ONWARD Phase 3 clinical trial having met 100% of its patient screening target and having achieved 90% of its patient enrollment target. The ONWARD trial is evaluating AD04 as a therapeutic agent for the treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) in persons with certain target genotypes related to the serotonin transporter and receptor genes.
ONWARD Trial Recent highlights:
- 100% of the number of patients expected to fully enroll ONWARD have been screened
- 90% of the number of patients projected for full enrollment have been enrolled
- 33% of evaluated patients tested positive for the AD04-associated genotype
- AD04 appears to be well-tolerated
- Study retention rate of 84% continues to exceed expectations
Crown CRO is assisting Adial in conducting this phase 3 clinical trial which enrolls patients in several European countries including Bulgaria, Croatia, Finland, Latvia, Poland and Sweden.